Electrical insulation is used in electrical engineering to separate parts through which an electric current flows, either between themselves or to prevent contact with such a part. It is also used to protect electrical equipment from external influences.
When choosing the right insulation, we must pay attention to the two following parameters:
- Product Stability - Whether we mean mechanical strength, the resistance to hot or cold temperatures, resistance to chemical or oil exposure, or the key property of dielectric strength, product stability is an important factor in its choice. The insulation must remain the same after a long time and for safety reasons must always have the same properties
- Weight and dimensions - when choosing the right insulation, it is important to consider its weight and any specific dimensions
There are many types of Electrical insulation on the market today and many materials that we can use for it. PPI Adhesive Products offers a wide range of special tapes suitable for electrical insulation.
The exceptional properties of our Electrical Insulation Tapes:
- Mechanical Strength and Resistance
- high mechanical strength and high performance
- various types of materials and corrosion-resistant adhesives
- adhesives have high resistance to solvents, impregnating or molten resins, and have good adhesion.
- Heat Resistance - temperature range from -200 ° C to + 400 ° C
- The key property of Electrical Insulation materials is Dielectric Strength. It is defined by the type of material and its thickness. We usually want the dielectric strength to reach as high a value as possible, and those materials that are able to reach such a value have a wide range of applications, for example, Nomex®, Polyester, or Polypropylene.
Electrical Insulation Tapes can be utilized in various types of industries, especially:
- Electric motors and transformers
- Within the new battery industry sector
PPI Electrical Tapes are constructed from a complete range of backing materials:
- Acetate silk cloth
- Creped Nomex® Polyamide paper
- Creped paper
- Glass cloth
- Kraft paper
- Laminates of film / cloth, film / foil, film / paper & film / non-woven
- Nomex® Mica paper
- Nomex® Polyamide paper
- Polyester film
- Polyethylene Naphthalate film (PEN)
- Polyimide film
- Polypropylene film
- Shrinkable Polyester film
- Teflon® PTFE coated glass cloth
- Teflon® PTFE film
® Registered Trade Mark of Du Pont.
Our products can be manufactured in a wide range of thicknesses, lengths, and roll width, with various types of adhesive, double-sided/single-sided options, laminates, with/without a liner. Tapes are available in Printed or Die-Cut pieces.
Working closely with our R&D Department, we can provide innovative, bespoke solutions based on your ideas and specifications.