PPI Adhesive Products Ltd. have developed an advanced range of film/foil laminates designed to assist with insulating coil windings.
STATIC SHIELDS: Acting as an electromagnetic/electrostatic shield, the laminate is applied between the primary and secondary winding and also earthed.
DIRECT WINDING: Copper foil laminates are also used as replacements for copper wire in primary and secondary windings. Foil conductors have the advantage of a greater surface area for a given cross sectional area, when compared to wire conductors.
- Products available in a wide range of widths and thicknesses
- Temperature Range - Heat Class B to Heat Class H
- Bespoke design and specification upon customer request
- Insulating Materials: Polyester, PEN Film, Polyimide, Nomex® & Others
- Standard Foils: Copper, Tin-Clad Copper & Aluminium
- Extended/cuffed/fringed/offset/single/double solder gap/multi-layer laminate options
STATIC SHIELDING OF TRANSFORMERS
PPI 1091 and PPI 10912 are specially formulated shielding tapes comprising a laminate of polyester - copper- polyester. PPI 1091 shields the entire inner width of the transformer spool whereas PPI 10912 offers even greater security because of its fringing on both edges which ensures complete insulation of the spool ends.
PPI 1095 Copper foil completely wrapped with PET insulation
PPI 1096 Copper foil partially wrapped with PET insulation
FILM FOIL LAMINATE CONSTRUCTIONS AVAILABLE:
1. Laminates with two or more parallel strips of copper
2. Laminates with a wide range of film thicknesses and other insulating materials such as Nomex and Polyimide Film for classes F and H insulation
3. Metal foils with insulation laminated on one or both sides
4. Special shapes and die-cut pieces to customer design and specification